Next Thursday night after work, I’ll be boarding a plane for Orlando to attend SQL Saturday 49. No, I’m not speaking, just attending, but that alone is worth the trip. So what would possess me to travel from Chicago to Florida for a weekend event? Good question, let’s see if I can come up with a good but quick list of reasons here…
- A lot of people I met in July at SQL Saturday 40 in South Florida will be attending this event as well. In fact, so many that I decided not to list them here for fear of leaving someone out. It’s a fantastic group of folks, and I’m very excited to have an opportunity to see them again so soon.
- The technical sessions and presenters. Just check out this impressive schedule. It’s hard to believe that this is a free event.
- The Friday before the event, I’ll be attending Louis Davidson’s (Blog|Twitter) full day seminar on database design. It’s just $99, and in addition to the training includes an electronic version of his book Pro SQL Server 2008 Relational Database Design and Implementation. Quite a value!
- Sponsors, prizes and swag. My netbook needs more stickers!
- If I didn’t go, I would spend October 16th watching twitter activity on the #SQLSat49 hashtag while kicking myself for missing out on all the fun at the event and after-event party.
So that’s my quick list, feel free to add your own reasons for going to the comments section. Hope to see you there!